Jesus and The Father (short study)

In terms of God's nature, of The Godhead, of course we can't fully comprehend it, we walk by faith not by sight. But I believe that Bryan Denlinger's interpretation has it correct. We are made in God's image:


Genesis 1:26

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." KJV.


Jesus is the fulness of the Godhead (Father, Word, Holy Ghost) bodily. 


1 John 5:7

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." KJV.


Colossians 2:9

"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." KJV.


We know that Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh, 


1 Timothy 3:16

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." KJV.


He was baptized and The Father spoke from Heaven, and the Holy Ghost decended like a dove.


Luke 3:22

"and the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." KJV.


Jesus as a man did pray or talk to the Father yes, do you speak to yourself do you speak to The Father? But Jesus did it differently to show us an example of someone who completed life, followed the law and all righteousness and without sin. Not like us which are sinners, disobedient, and when we in particular talk to ourselves we in particular can be crazy at times. Jesus was talking to The Father perhaps for wisdom or guidance, like how we pray for wisdom and guidance; to show us an example that we need The Father. Jesus wanted to live as much as like a regular man but without sin and to experience what we experience and to show us how we should act (loving righteousness, helping others, rebuking evil) and I believe in the example I'm about to provide its also for Jesus to be seen of men so they know that Jesus is The Christ, the only begotten Son of God, The Saviour of the world and that Jehovah The LORD, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is His Father. 

If I'm wrong correct me here, but here is John 11:38-42 


John 11:38-42

"38 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it. 39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. 40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? 41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. 42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me." KJV.


As for The Father "sending" Him, I believe we can see from here that Jehovah (God and The Father) is The Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 43:10-13 "10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. 12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. 13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?" KJV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding The King James Bible: Whence, Thence, Wherefore, Therefore, Thy, Thine, Thou, Ye, etc,

The Correct Bible (KJV) vs the fake Bibles (NIV and NKJV).

For all Pentecostals/Methodists/Charismatics etc