Why did Jesus call on God?

 Why did Jesus call on God?


So my friend, Jesus here is actually quoting a part of Psalm 22 verse 1 (just not in English):


Psalm 22

To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.

"1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

why art thou so far from helping me,

and from the words of my roaring?"


Matthew 27:46

Authorized (King James) Version

"46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"


Mark 15:34

Authorized (King James) Version

"34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"


So to answer why Jesus is saying this, is because He is calling out to His Father in Heaven. But we also have to keep in mind that Jesus is God manifest in the flesh. There is only one God but He is composed of 3 parts. We are made in God's image, after His likeness. God isn't 3 people. Jesus is God (Jesus is the Word of God made flesh) and The Father is God and the Holy Ghost is God but that also these three (the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost) are ONE. But for your question God wanted to have a Father and Son relationship within the Godhead.


Hebrews 1:5

Authorized (King James) Version

"5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?"


Here in verse 8, God is acknowledging that Jesus is God.


Hebrews 1:8

Authorized (King James) Version

"8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom."


1 Timothy 3:16

Authorized (King James) Version

"16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."


John 1:1-3

Authorized (King James) Version

“1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”


John 1:14

Authorized (King James) Version

“14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”


John 14:6-11

Authorized (King James) Version

“6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.”


Isaiah 43:10-13

Authorized (King James) Version

"10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen:

that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 11 I, even I, am the LORD;

and beside me there is no saviour. 12 I have declared, and have saved,

and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. 13 Yea, before the day was I am he;

and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?"


Titus 2:13-14

Authorized (King James) Version

“13 looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.”

John 20:24-31

Authorized (King James) Version

“24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. 26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 but these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding The King James Bible: Whence, Thence, Wherefore, Therefore, Thy, Thine, Thou, Ye, etc,

The Correct Bible (KJV) vs the fake Bibles (NIV and NKJV).

For all Pentecostals/Methodists/Charismatics etc