Understanding the concept of works meet for repentance.

 

Matthew 3:8

Authorized (King James) Version

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

 

Acts 26:20

Authorized (King James) Version

20 but shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judæa, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

 

Fruits meet for repentance or works meet for repentance can mean: “show me evidence that you’ve truly repented” or to say it another way you could say “show me evidence that you’ve changed your mind or turned”.

 

For a practical application:

 

Example number 1, You tell me that you’ve stopped liking pineapple on your pizza but every time we go to get pizza you order pepperoni and pineapple, I don’t think you’ve changed your mind about pineapple, or I could say I don’t think you’ve repented.

Continuing number 1, Since I see that you’re still continuing to put pineapple on your pizza and every time we go to get pizza you have never told me that you changed your mind about having a different type of a pizza.

Continuing number 1, Since I see that you’re still continuing to put pineapple on your pizza and every time we go to get pizza I don’t recall seeing that you have regretted putting the pineapple on your pizza and I don’t recall seeing that you’re grieved by having pineapple on your pizza, I don’t believe you’ve changed your mind/repented about that.

 

Example number 2, You tell me that you’ve stopped liking pineapple on your pizza and every time we go to get pizza you order pepperoni and now green peppers, I see that you’ve changed your mind about pineapple, I see that you’ve repented.

Continuing number 2, Since I see you no longer put pineapple on your pizza although there was a few times that you have put pineapple on your pizza, but that most of the time you are not putting pineapple on your pizza anymore, I can see a change.

 

Continuing number 2, Since I see you no longer put pineapple on your pizza although there was a few times that you have put pineapple on your pizza I can still see that at times you regret having the pineapple on your pizza or that you grieved that you did put that pineapple on your pizza, I can still see that you’ve changed your mind/repented about that.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding The King James Bible: Whence, Thence, Wherefore, Therefore, Thy, Thine, Thou, Ye, etc,

The Correct Bible (KJV) vs the fake Bibles (NIV and NKJV).

For all Pentecostals/Methodists/Charismatics etc